From:
Danna Korn, Raising Our Celiac Kids <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:18:10 -0800

Hi, list:

Calendars are filling up -- don't forget to mark yours for May 4, 2002,
when we're holding the international walk/run for celiac disease. This
is a worldwide event, and there may be one near you (check
www.celiacwalk.org).

Our 1k/5k walk/run, held in beautiful La Jolla, California along the
ocean, will feature Bette Hagman! We'll also have free celiac blood
screening courtesy of Prometheus Labs, tee-shirts (free with
participation), book signings (Bette Hagman and Danna Korn), and a
health fair sponsored by Nutrition by Debbie Lee. We're hoping for 2,000
participants, so sign up soon!

We have participants from Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, and
Nevada, so "distance" isn't an excuse. Can you think of anywhere more
beautiful than the shoreline in La Jolla in May?!? I'm working on
discount hotel rates in the area; contact me if you're interested.

Registration forms are available at www.celiacwalk.org or www.a-
thon.com. If you can't participate, donations are  appreciated.  Dr.
Michelle Pietzak, our esteemed celiac medical expert, has challenged Dr.
Alessio Fasano to see whose event will raise more money: ours in
California or his in Maryland. Please -- there are crab cakes and sushi
on the line!

If you'd like to contact me directly for more information or sponsorship
opportunities, please do so at [log in to unmask] or (858) 395-5421.
Proceeds raised from this event will go to Center for Celiac Research.
Awareness generated from this event will benefit all of us.

Warmly,
Danna Korn

Founder, Raising Our Celiac Kids (R.O.C.K.)
www.celiackids.com
Author: Kids with Celiac Disease: A Family Guide to Raising Happy,
Healthy Gluten-Free Children
Author: Wheat-Free, Worry-Free: The art of happy, healthy gluten-free