THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:11:57 -0800
Cindy said:
I've read it is better to have both T3 and T4 replaced.

Speaking from my own experience, I was a zombie on synthroid alone (T4).  I
took a New England Journal of Medicine article and some info from this
news/discussion group to my Internist and asked for Cytomel.  He said "Well
the synthroid should be sufficient and yada, yada, yada."  He finally agreed
and now I have been taking .125 mg of synthroid in the morning and 5mcg of
Cytomel in the morning and another 5 mcg of Cytomel at 1:00 p.m.  for over
two years.  I was taking the second dose of Cytomel at about 3:00 p.m. and
an Endocronologist suggested that I try taking it earlier in the day since I
was so tired by 3:00 each afternoon.  That has helped.  Both doctors say my
bloods tests are 'normal' but as we all know that is about as important at
this point as the SAT test I took to get into college.
You really must just read and study for yourself and then go to the doctor
and tell him/her what you want.

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.