From:
Barbara Dursum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:03:18 EST

Dear Listmates!  In addition to the summary I did last week I would like to
share with you additional information received since then.  Again thank you
for all your input.

1) One other possibility is food dye such as red #40 in a lot of food.  Found
it in Premarin.  Question anything pink to red in color before taking or
using.

2) Have seen multiple entries re: celiac and bruising and the
interrelationship.  Bruising and heavy menstrual periods are also
reactions to SSRI (serotonin uptake inhibitors) antidepressant therapy.
Can be found in several medical journals one of which says the Vit C
seems to alleviate bruising caused by SSRIs.  Celiacs that are not
fluten free have high levels of serotonin too so it would make sense
that they might experience bruising also.

absorbing Vitamin C and related nutrients like bioflavinoid: was told that
can't be right bk celiacs have problems absorbing only fat soluble vitamins
and nutrients if they are not on the diet bk if there is villi damage,
celiacs cannot absorb fats and they go straight through causing steatorrhea:
floating stools with an oil slick on the water.  Also 2000 mg of Vit C per
day is safe.  More than that over a long period may be related to kidney
stones.

Hope this helps.  Anyone who did not receive my original summary, let me
know.  Again, remember to take all of this with "large grains of salt" (not
wheat!)  Barb