Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:06:53 EST

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in this update.  It's interesting that the feedback was
split between those who had nothing but cooperation from Kraft (some from
Canada) and those who, like myself, ran into a brick wall.  A few people
mentioned a gf list sent to them by Kraft.  The representative I spoke with
said that they no longer have that list because "all gluten containing items
are listed in the ingredients".  One person asked me if the Oreo was GF and
based upon the info I received it does appear to be.  It is just oreo
flavored.  My husband ate it without any negative reaction.

These are the comments:

<I am sorry that your experience was so bad.  I called them in reference
to a product and the sales rep was very knowledgable and helpful.   They
also sent me a list of all of their gluten free products.  I suggest
calling back and finding a more helpful rep.  Good luck.>

<In Canada, modified corn starch is listed on the box.>

<Gee, Jo.  I found Kraft Foods to be extremely helpful when I inquired about
the Gluten Free status of their foods on their website.  Not only that, they
sent me a list of their gluten free products.  I also found them to be very
knowledgeable on the subject.  I am so astounded by what you wrote that I
think you should let Kraft know that you spoke to someone so unhelpful, I
think they would like to know that info (like who specifially you talked to)=

very much.  I found them to be among the best.>

<They are much better than they were right after they were purchased by
Phillip Morris & said "I'm sorry we can't say that anything ( including
cool whip, kool aid, or jello) is g.f."   Basically,  the celiac
community said, Sorry about that, then we can't buy it for ourselves &
our families & we'll be happy to pass the word along. I'm very surprized
that you got any information on the phone--last time I called, I had to
wait for their list!>

<I'm surprised that Kraft even talked to you about gluten -- all they
ever tell me is they have a list that's updated on such and such a date,
and would be happy to send it to me.  I then asked, would it get here
before lunchtime, which is why I am calling you about this product?.
They are mad at us or something.  I am going to keep on calling, though -
perhaps they are part of a "vast, right-wing conspirator group"  Ha.>

<Hmmm....I had quite a different reactions - I talked to the Canadian rep
though.

Apparently, gluten is listed on their "frequently asked ingredients" list.

They were able to tell me that the oreo pudding is most definitely gf IN
CANADA.

Maybe not in the US>