From:
Jane Pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Pelletier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:02:42 -0500

Friends,

This is from the company that manufactures Mylanta.

Jane
_______________________

Dear Ms. Pelletier:

Thank you for contacting us about Fast Acting MYLANTA® Antacid/Anti-Gas Original Liquid.

In reference to your inquiry concerning the gluten content in our products, I have listed below the products which have been tested and do not contain detectable levels of gluten.

Children's TYLENOL® Cold Plus Cough Chewable Tablets
Children's TYLENOL® Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid
Extra Strength TYLENOL® Caplets
Extra Strength TYLENOL® PM Gelcaps
Imodium® AD Caplets
Infants' TYLENOL® Cherry Concentrated Drops
Children's Motrin® Cold Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension
Children's Motrin® Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension
Infants' Motrin® Non-Staining Dye Free Concentrated Drops
Lactaid® Original Strength Caplets
Lactaid® Ultra Caplets
Maximum Strength TYLENOL® Allergy Sinus Caplets
Sesame StreetT Complete Vitamins and Minerals
Tylenol® Arthritis Pain Extended Relief Caplets

For the remainder of McNeil's products:
Glutens are naturally-occurring proteins found in grains such as wheat, rye, barley and oats, but are not found in corn.  The source of starch in this formulation is corn.  Other inactive ingredients may be derived from a source other than corn.  We are not aware of published reports associating the use of our products according to package label directions with a worsening of symptoms in patients with celiac disease.

We hope this information is helpful.

Tracey Ely
MYLANTA Consumer Relationship Center