From:
Sheon Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:34:42 -0800

Like many others on this listserve, I love and dearly miss my oats,
which are also a much needed source of fiber.  I recently found
excellent information on the celiac.com website about an "oats for
celiacs" study in Finland (apparently a similar study has been done in
Ireland, too), as well as information about the milling process and
cross contamination.

There is also an address listed for the company in Germany whose oats
were used in the Finnish study, as they tested clear of cross
contamination.  I haven't contacted the German company yet about selling
and shipping to the public, so if someone finds out about them, please
post.  Maybe we could pass the contact info along to a food store chain
in the US and start a campaign for them to pick up this clean oat
product for us?

The link is: <http://www.celiac.com/oats.html>
Sheon Montgomery

Simpsonville, SC