From:
Marne Platt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marne Platt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:20:14 -0500

Dear List -
I emailed Qdoba after they opened a restaurant near my office. Here is my
inquiry and their response (which came back within a couple of hours):

Inquiry:
I would like to try your restaurant (one just opened near my office) but am
intolerant of gluten - Could you please tell me which of your products do
not contain wheat, rye, oats, barley or their deriviatives (flour, soy
sauce, beer, modified food starch are the major culprits). Rice, corn, meat
and veggies are safe for me.
Looking forward to trying your food!
Thanks very much.

Response:
"Ed Wilroy" <[log in to unmask]> on 06/25/2002 07:08:22 PM

Marne

Unfortunately we get asked this question a lot and I have yet to determine
comfortable answer.  Some are obvious such as products with flour.
However,
we bring in several manufactured items.  Although they list the
ingredients,
we are never really sure what is and is not gluten free.  I offered the
local group (the name slips me) in Denver to review our ingredients list
for
a summary but have not heard anything further from them.

Here's what I do know based on your e-mail.  We have soy sauce in the
grilled vegetables.    Get your burrito "naked" and avoid the tortilla.
Stick with our corn or Pico de Gallo salsa's (made in house).  I think our
marinade (meats) may be OK.  I realize this does not help much.  I  hope to
be able to answer your questions confidently in the near future.  Thank you
for the inquiry.

Ed Wilroy
Director of Research and Development