Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:59:31 -0800

Hi all!

I called President's Choice today about their No-Name Chocolate Chips
(after receiving an excellent chocolate chip cookie recipe) - bad news
I'm afraid, they're produced on the same line as gluten containing
products.

President's Choice do not have a gluten-free list because they change
suppliers - we are all aware (I hope) that lists get outdated, and I
made the point to the rep. that I am unlikely to call every time I want
to check the status of an individual product - it takes enough of my
time to call individual manufacturers!  I guess the best we can hope for
is this awareness of quality control that seems to be creeping in,
giving both the suppliers and the valued customer (again, I hope!)
confidence in the gluten status of their product.

 Regards, and good eating,

Ingrid in Winnipeg.