From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 09:31:29 +0900
> It's interesting, though, that the elderly man who ate 20-25 eggs
> per day for years (reported some time ago in NEJM) suffered no
> signs of vitamin A toxicity.  I wonder how that is possible.

This brings to mind an anecdote. I read a radical vegetarian book many
years ago. The author was telling of the "worst" diet they had ever
discovered, according to their diet prescription. He was eating
nothing but raw eggs washed down with cheap red wine. He was a poor
Italian day laborer. The funny part, and the reason I remember it, is
that they said that in spite of his (as they thought) extremely poor
diet, he was in excellent health, and showed no signs of heart
disease. An amazing admission! You would think they would find some
obviously sick person for their worst case  senario!