From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:10:19 +0900
Ray Audette wrote:
  Recent high levels of the most important greenhouse gas,
> water vapor, caused by high sunshine levels, have forestalled this event far
> more than all the man-made hydrocarbons combined.  The effects of the
> variance in atmospheric water vapor has far exceeded the effects of man-made
> pollutants on global temperature for every year measured.

Sunshine is peaking right now, this year or next I believe. Then are
we inevitably headed back into full blown ice age, mile deep ice down
to Chicago? Some of the scientists are saying this would only take a
few years to achieve, once started. I wonder, if the sunspot peak took
so long to build, how long will it take to fall? If it is sharp, we
could have glaciers in Paris by 2010.

Most people don't realise that we are in the middle of an ice age
right now, just a temporary partial warming that is still leaving
large parts of the Earth covered with ice. Indian summer, then back to
the long freeze. I hope they get those mammoths cloned soon, we are
going to need them!