C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 05:35:04 -0800
Dear Magic,

  Alas, I live a relatively quiet life here in rural New Brunswick. My brother
and I don't have toys. Mommy's first trio of cats had lots of toys, though.
That's cause she was a much younger critter mom :)

  Mr. Briggie and I play outside a lot and also like to tease Mr. Jake. He's a
great toy! I like to climb up on dressers and knock things over. Another fun
thing to do is to open the cupboard in the bathroom and drag stuff out and leave
it all over the floor. Mr. Alex (RIP), Mr. Jake's brother, used to hide in the
cupboard for hours on end when he first came to live with us. I can see why he
liked it. It's dark and quiet. Nice place to think :)

  Mr. Brownie and I like playing with empty bags and boxes - I especially love
those big kibble bags. Mommy emptys the kibble into a huge plastic bin on grocery
day; she has to do it right away when the groceries get delivered cause I can't
wait to chew a hole in the bag - always at the bottom. She got me good, though.
The new bags are heavy-duty plastic! Totally chew-proof. She keeps the pet food
bins in her office but one bag of dog food doesn't have a bin and it's beside
Jake's "old man" kibble bin. I love to climb into the bag and have snacks.
Another thing Briggie and I like to do is sleep on top of the logs in the den.
That's where our woodstove is and we spend a lot of time there cause it's so nice
and warm. Mr. Jake has been checking out the den since Mommy took the baby gate
off the stairs but she might have to put it back again. The ratty bratty makes
pit stops to the litter box - icky!

  It's been really, really cold here these past several days so we don't spend
much time outside. We're gettin too old for this crap! I want summer!

  Well, I gotta go. Mommy stayed up late and now she's gotta go toss a log on the
fire. Daddy's asleep. It's still dark outside and we're not allowed out til it's
totally light because there are wild critters around. Hope you all have a great
day.

Your friend,

Mr. Brownie