C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:06:03 EST
Hi Everyone,

Just a note to all  of you to say thank you so much for the birthday
wishes. My Mom and I met Johanne, Andrew, and baby Spencer at the airport
last night. We came home and had a very quiet supper. Johanne gave me a
silver necklace with a Beetle on it (the insect itself, not the car  lol).
This has been my nickname since we were little, because in my younger
years I spent most of my time crawling on the floor. Spencer is, of
course, a doll, and met his grandmother for the first time. My mom cried
when she first layed eyes on him... He has just about doubled in size
since I last saw him. Johanne, Andrew and I went to Sebastians (a
favourite eatery/bakery) for some coffee and a bit of a birthday
celebration. I had a wonderful raspberry chocolate mousse since I cannot
eat cake due to gluten allergy. When we arrived back home, Spencer was
fast asleep in bed with Grandma! :>)

No big birthday presents to report as I turned 24 on the 11th, but seeing
Johanne, Andrew, and Spencer was the best one of all... Now if I COULD
ONLY GET A DATE FOR BACLOFEN PUMP SURGERY, OR EVEN THE DOCTORS TO RETURN
PHONE CALLS RE: ORAL MEDICATIONS FOR DYSTONIA... AT THIS POINT, I AM
REALLY WISHING FOR A NEW SURGICAL TEAM, BUT I  PRAY EVERY NIGHT FOR A
SURGERY DATE.

Thank you for all your kind birthday wishes. Now its just back to doing my
homework!
Can't wait till Spencer gets baptised on the 17th of February. I have the
honour of being his godmother, and he is wearing a gown my Mom sewed for
him.

Take care and God Bless

Jenn