From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:56:55 -0700
the ham calls option on the tns and bns simply reads the call signs correctly no other purpose was part  of the design.

You will need a radio modem like a tnc or the like.

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN

http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720
341 W WASHINGTON
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7 = voice mail
fax  208-334-2963
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services

>>> RiverWind <[log in to unmask]> 02/03/02 09:43PM >>>
Hey Ya'll,
When using packet radio on one's personal computer, is it necessary to
have a special kind of modom? I have a type&speak, and I have noticed that
it has a hamcalls feature. Do any of you know how this feature works? If
so, will you mind enlightening me? Would the T&S need a special modom, or
will a normal one sufice?
Thanks so much in advance.
Ray

You are welcomed to visit my home page; just click on the link, and you're
there.

<a HREF="http://www.shellworld.net/~riverwind">