From:
Wendy Hubbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:02:37 -0500

Todd wrote:
>  I don't think
>we gain anything, as a group, by not discussing them.
>
>The danger of cult thinking is as high among us as it is among
>vegans or other idealistic diet proponents.  I don't think it
>profits anyone to accept the words of Cordain, Audette, Eaton,
>the Eades or anyone else as the Last Word on what counts as
>paleo.

Thank you for this, Todd.  One of the things I like most about Paleo eaters
(and Low Carbers, in general) is their ability to reason things out for
themselves instead of blindly following mainstream medicine and
nutrition.  We must NEVER stop re-evaluating what we have been told.

And I, for one, am sick of seeing the phrase, "wishful thinking," used with
such smugness on this list.

I say this to all of you...If being a paleo puritan works for you, fine,
but don't tell the rest of us we can't experiment to find what works for us.