From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:46:26 +1000
> first, flax oil tastes great.
so does coke.

> second, flax oil is perfectely edible for humans.
no, its completely inedible - meaning, it *can't* be eaten. to prove this, i
suggest you try..to eat one...w/o a neolithic press. just crush one or two
with a stone. go on...betchya can't do it.

> flax seeds contain strong
> anti-cancer substances which aren't necessary for everyday.
well i won't argue with that. they're good to have periodically. eevry day
is not good idea. chronic toxicity may be a problem as in the eating of
improperly processed cassava.

>so high in ALA that only small amounts are necessary unless >you eat much
omega-6 oils (safflor etc) ..
well yes, or maybe flax seed also [20% LA].

> third, flax is one of the only two sources of fat in such medium >cool
places like middle europe (the other is hemp)
ho ho ho. you forgot about animals.

> fourth, flax has many thousands of years of proven use.
yes, as a source of linen. never as food.

>But as I know how quickly ALA spoils I'm very sceptical
> about the quality which could come from Korea.
why? my guess is that its well protected inside the skin.

> For my turn you just need to take a look at table 1 of the AA
> plant food data.
since its your turn...do it. give me your menu. I'm waiting.

andrew