From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 21:41:20 +0900
My kids eat what I cook once or twice a day, at school once a day, and
my wife cooks once or twice. So they get paleo on average once a day.
The main effect I have is in decreasing some foods and increasing
others. They eat a lot more steak than they would other wise. Also,
when my wife cooks I ask her for certain selections that I prefer, so
that tends the food choices towards paleo. One big difference is
desserts and snacks. My kids get a lot of nuts and seeds, fruit and
berries, also some things that are not paleo but not too bad, like low
sugar pudding (home made), cream on berries, things like that. I try
to keep pure junk snacks and desserts to a minimum (but today we did
have a Mr. Donuts donut). Even ice cream is a big step up from cake or
cookies or chips. There are levels and levels. My kids eat ice cream
over berries, with cream and yogurt on top. So its far from pure
paleo, but still not TOO bad.

They eat a lot better than I did as a kid, my Mom is a good cook, but
not paleo ;--), so we tend now to eat more greens and of course less
bread, potatoes and suchlike. I turned out OK, I imagine my kids will
too. Fanaticism about food is a vice, I think.