Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 07:04:29 -0500
I have had some experience in being a primary care giver and I truly
feel you need to take some of the responsibility off of yourselves. If I
was in your shoes I would call his doctor and explain the situation and
tell him you need to know your father-in-law's medical history so you
know what you're dealing with. I'd then proceed from there. If he has a
condition that he isn't telling you about you could be at a
disadvantage. If nothing else, and I hate to say it on this forum, start
to work with a dietitian(I know, I know, you don't have to say it).
Shouldering all the responsibility, as I said, isn't fair to you and
what ever (s)he gave you as a diet, couldn't be worse than chocolate
milk and velveeta. I think I'm trying to say take care of yourself as
well as your Dad and don't do this for the long term without outside
help,
Chris