From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:18:01 -0600
Jana Eagle wrote:

> ok, while we are on the topic of yucky-tasting oils...
>
> i can't stand the taste of extra virgin olive oil, i was wondering if
> anyone here actually likes it?

Yes, I really like it.  I buy a moderate-priced Italian extra virgin oil,
and use it for salad dressing and also homemade mayonnaise, which is
a pale shade of green and has a lot more flavor than regular mayo.

Some brands are better than others; try a few.  Some have a higher
level of bitter taste, even when not rancid.

    Lynnet