From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:10:46 +0000
>How much cod liver oil can a ten year old have/ What would be the maximum?
>Thanks, Mary

The toxicity studies which I have seen generally give a long-term dose of
Vit A of 100,000 units daily over months as a toxicity risk level.
Certainly a more holistic approach of using whole oils and other dietary
factors should make this level of A unnecessary, and it's difficult to give
this much CLO in any case.

In dosing, consider other Vit A sources in the diet, such as greens and
organ meats. Some sources say that beta carotene in plants is not always
well converted by the body, and that meat/fish sources are more readily
utilized. The presence of other natural enzymes and antioxidants such as
alpha lipoic acid certainly would enhance uptake and utilization.

So, I guess it's pretty widely variable, but not much of a danger of overdose.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!