From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:49:10 -0400
Marianne Fuller wrote:

> my mother-in-law has been diagnosed with cancer, definitely in her bladder
> but perhaps originating in another organ such as her thyroid, breasts, or
> colon. I was wondering whether anyone on this list might have some
> suggestions for foods that help and foods she should avoid. I was going

If I was diagnosed with cancer I would make a beeline for the Atkins
Center in New York where they treat cancer with nutrition, supplements,
mushroom extracts (such as they use in Japan), and a variety of other
alternative therapies. But first I would get some MGN-3 and start taking
it immediately, as well as beta glucans, N-acetyl cysteine, melatonin,
vitamin D and true vitamin A. I would also get Atkins book
"Vita-nutrient solutions" for his vitamin, mineral and other supplement
recommendations. I would also try to take careful control of insulin and
blood sugar, since they feed cancer. I would also get the book
"Questioning Chemotherapy" by Ralph Moss, and send away for his personal
consultation-by-mail.

> Lignans are a potent group of natural products with many toxic side effects,
> best represented by podophyllotoxin derivatives and the antineoplastic drug
> etoposide.

That is a chemotherapy drug that is extracted from mandrake root. Yes,
it is poisonous, but sometimes poison is medicine, and it works
particularly well against Hodgkins lymphoma, I believe. It might be
worth looking into Budwigs' flax oil treatment for cancer in which you
make flax oil the main source of calories in your diet, and then starve
yourself for vitamin E and maybe other antioxidants. Then what happens
is newly forming cells (particularly cancer cells, since they are the
ones replicating the fastest) get formed with mostly unprotected
alpha-linoleic acid in their cell walls, and die off fast. Thats one
approach. Maybe a preferable approach is to strengthen your immune
system to fight off the cancer.