From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:32:39 +0000
>>1)  Why did you choose the paleo plan?

Always health-oriented, but with strong cravings for meat and fat, so it
made sense, plus it worked really well for my dog:)

>>2)  How long have you been on a paleo diet?

about 2 years

>>3)  Which plan do you most closely follow

I follow Ray's philosophy, but my own diet

>>4)  What have been your results - health
>>improvements, weight loss, etc.

Lost excess weight, got mostly rid of headaches, herpes outbreaks, mid-day
faintness, acheived better hormone balance, improved sexual function (I'm
post-menopausal), freedom from colds, flu, and chronic congestion and
coughing, not to mention guilt from eating...

>>5)  Did you have any addictions when you started
>>that were hard to kick; if so, how did you do it  (cold turkey or slow
>>withdrawal)???

No. I did start the diet cold turkey and never looked back.

>>6)  Are there any "paleo foods" which you exclude
>>from the diet because they don't work for you?

No, but I'm still carb-shy, and generally do not bother with tubers or root
veggies

>>7)  Are there any "non-paleo foods" which you seem to be able to handle in
>>small quantities while still maintaining your health improvements, etc.?

Yes; I consider these cheating, and may continue chipping away at their use
in the future, some more than others. I use coffee with cream, butter,
salt, a bit of cheese, a bit of red wine. I am not tempted by sugars or
chocolate, or grains of any kind. I love meat and fat, and am never hungry
or bored. I don't cheat when I eat out.

>>8)  What is a typical paleo day for you?  (I'm particularly interested in
>>what you all have for breakfast as I don't like eggs)

Sorry; eggs here, too. I have yard chickens who make lovely fertile brown
eggs, so breakfast is four-egg omelets, cooked very runny, with a bit of
hard cheese, avocado, meat, or whatever's around.
Lunch is on the run; some nuts with a bit of dried fruit, or an avocado, or
some emu jerky, a couple of bites of leftover meat, a can of sardines.
Dinner is meat, sometimes only meat, sometimes greens stir-fried with lots
of meat, sometimes a big salad. No nightshades or legumes ever, fish
sometimes. Organ meats, too. All raw or rare, except for soups. Lots of
garlic:)

>>9)  Do you take any vitamins, supplements?

Yeah, tons. Mostly antioxidants and fish body oil, some herbs.

>>10)  What about exercise?

Weight lifting, dog walks - I used to be very athletically active. I hold
just as much muscle on Paleo with far less exercise and much better health.
I'm 53, and also do Feldenkrais. I'm in the best shape of my life, with
less effort and no anxiety.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!