From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:19:57 +0900
Robin Fritche wrote:
(there's salt in it,
> but oh well...i haven't had a chance to get to the store to buy ingredients
> for my own).  i ate the mushrooms although i'm pretty sure they were sauteed
> in butter.  the steak was grain-fed, i am sure, but i ate that, too.

It is possible to be TOO dedicated ;--) I eat a lot of things my wife
makes just because I ask so much from her that the smaller details
just are not worth giving her grief about. For example, salt and
butter, there are good arguments as to why we should limit them, but
they are not the big issues that grains are. Grain fed steak is the
same, not as good as the real thing, but 2-3 times a week? I do not
worry.

Everyone seems to have their own list of Really Bad, Bad, and Not So
Bad foods. For what it is worth mine is, from worst down:

Bread/wheat products, Never or almost never.

Processed junk foods, chips etc, Never.

Other grains, rice, Occasionally, to mollify my mother-in-law ;--)

Sugary foods in general, A few times a week I drink juice.

High starch foods, A bite or two a day.

Cheese, bananas, and other foods that plug up the gut, A bite or two
when the kids leave something.

After that I do not worry much except to try to generally follow the
plan most of the time. I limit extras like chocolate to treats, and
avoid most other sweets except fruits.