From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 10:09:30 +0200
Dear all

Yesterday I fell down because I didn't notice a hole in the ground.
 Immediately it was obvious I've hurt my ankle pretty badly. Somehow
I've managed to get to the hospital where they examined the thing inside
out.
Fortunately nothing is broken but the ligaments are overstrechted and
may be even torn slightly further to the front of my foot.
This is bad enough but to make matters worse: I am flying to
South-Africa this thursday. For a 4 day conference first and then a 3
week safari! I've been looking forward to be travelling SA, Namibia,
Botswana and Zimbabwe and see the whole thing going up in dust before my
eyes.  Even arranged with the travelagency that they'll provide me with
a Paleodiet during the tour!
Does anyone know of natural remedies that may speed up the process and
make me able to do the tour?  It's the sort of injury that hurts like
hell, made a bruise and leaves you immobilised for a while.  No walking
for 3 days at first, then a week and a half of only doing what does not
hurt and 4 weeks no sports. That may include the activities on the tour,
such a sandboarding, wildwater rafting, quading, etc.  That I can do
without but being on a truck for 6500 km for 21 days may be a snag.
So please  please think of all the good advises grandma used to have
about this sort of thing.  Anything herbal, icepacks, warmth, you name
it and I'll do it.  Just dr Bernarr, don't tell me to fast it off ok? ;-)

Also those of us (are there any) in CapeTown or anywhere along my route,
if you feel like having a steak together somewhere, give us a mail and
we'll get together.

Christy