CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Martin W. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:15:33 +0100
"Martin W. Smith" wrote:

> Jonathan Julius Dobkin wrote:
> >
> > Arguing over who's better to have in the administration is like arguing
> > over who's better to have in the leadership of any other organized crime
> > family or terrorist gang. It confers a legitimacy on gangsters and
> > diverts us from the real problem, which is their existence in the first
> > place.
>
> I see.  Then you mean all government is criminal and you propose to be a
> terrorist and eliminate it by force, or what?  I don't think you would
> qualify as a freedom fighter under those conditions.

Returning here in the new light of your identification as a pacifist, I
think you will have to explain your statement further, because as I
reread it I see that my response was reasonable.  The US government *is*
legitimate.  Americans *do* have the right for their government to
exist.  They voted the current administration in.  The election errors
are kind of irrelevant, since Gore would have done much the same thing
and may even have nominated Powell for the same job he has in the Bush
government.

martin

--
Martin Smith               email: [log in to unmask]
Vollsveien 9               tel. : +47 6783 1188