C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:02:46 -0800
Rush is considered an "high end user" in the CI
industry. He had a relatively short time between his
hearing loss and having the implant which means he has
an excellant store of auditory memory. In other words
he remembers what sounds and words sound like and can
use that information to interpret the info from what
the CI feeds him. I've had a hearing loss since a
toddler because of German measles. The past 10 years
the  loss worsen because of medicines that caused
further damage( but I'm alive today as well) If you
want to read Limbaughs progress you can catch up here,
just be aware that while as wonderful as it has been
for him it isn't neccessarily the typical result right
off the bat. Here are the archives on Rush's journey
with the most recent on Feb 14th giving a demo of what
it's like to hear with a CI
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_021402/content/hearing_update.guest.html
Joanne