C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 06:36:19 -0500
on ebay, if you see something you want, you don't bid. you bookmark the url,
you note the time the auction ends, then you sign off and think about what
the most you'd want to pay. obout 5 minutes before the auction is scheduled
to end you get on. if it is still below your max, then you watch it,
refreshing the page until it is below one minute till it ends. then you put
in your predetermined max bid and enter. if you are overbid, then you know
you were not driven up by emotion. you bid your max. if you get it then no
one else has time to make a last minute bid to get it away from you.
believe me that is how it is done. if you are going to do a lot of bidding,
there are even software out there to put on your computer that will store
the bookmark, store your max bid, time auction ends. it will dialup your
isp, sign on and enter to ebay your bid with as little as 10 seconds left.
you set the time. if you wish to sell on ebay there is software to help you
build your auction ad. puts in photos if you got them gives you background
color even music. i hate the music ads myself because it takes so much time
to load down a wav(sound) file.
i have studied ebay a good bit as you can tell.
i may open a coin shop online when i retire.
ebay can be a pain, but, if you don't find it there, you probably can't find
it.