C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Darlene Bubis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:48:08 EST
Rayna,

I don't fully know the history of your neck pain.  However, have you had a
MRI?
For a few years I had been having neck/shoulder pain, primarily on my right
side, which is my more "involved" side & is therefore tighter.  My ortho
thought it was due to my shoulder movement & that it was inflamed.  For about
3 yrs he'd give me a cortisone injection which would last about a yr.  When
the injection stopped helping, he ordered a 6 week, 3 times a week course of
physical therapy.  That didn't help my shoulder pain.

A couple of weeks after my last physical therapy session, I experienced THE
MOST HORRENDOUS pain I've EVER had down my right arm-- burning & shooting
pain down my right arm.

A MRI showed that a disc in my neck burst & another was about to.  The pain,
which had become more & more intense had been due to the disc in my neck
slowly wearing away til it gave way.  I ended up having a 3-level neck
fusion.  Luckily, it's interfered little w/the range of motion in my neck nor
done any lasting damage to my right arm.

So have you had a MRI yet??
;)Darlene