From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 00:09:30 +0100
Hello Don

I seem to recall a discussion on this subject some while ago, and I
recall that the result was not helpful to blind hams.

By definition, psk31 is narrow band width so I guess a narrow filter
would help, but isn't psk31 error corrected?

I have never tried the mode but would be interested in so doing so
please let me know on or off list if you get any positive results.

73 de g3yxx

I think you wrote  below <[log in to unmask]>,
Donald L. Roberts <[log in to unmask]> writes
>As I did not see any responses to my original posts on this subject, I
>am taking the liberty of trying once again.
>

>This week's rain report about PSK31 made me want to take the plunge.
>However, since ignorance is my only defense, I need to find out a lot
>of things.
>
>First, am I correct in assuming that the narrower the band pass filter
>in the HF receiver, the better the results will be for PSK31.
>
>Second, what all do I need in addition to the rig to get started?
>
>Question 3:  Excluding the cost of the rig, what should I expect to
>pay to get up and running?
>
>4.  From the standpoint of speech and or braille output, do some of
>these programs work better than others?  If so, which ones?
>
>Lastly, I would sure be grateful if someone could direct me to a
>primer on this subject, especially if it is in either text or MS Word
>format.  Thanks.
>
>Don Roberts
>KA7 O J T

David W Wood