From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 05:50:09 -0400
Well, if anything should quash the ugly rumors about all those reductions in
spectrum allocation we were talking about earlier, this should do it.  If
such a proposal _was_ on the table, it would have been mentioned here as an
example of the Commission speaking out of both sides of its mouth--giving
with one hand and taking away with the other.  The fact that no such mention
is made should be proof positive that those rumors are nothing but urban
legend.  Like I said, the instant that _anything_ is mentioned somewhere
about changing allocations (even if the change is, as here, a gain for
hams), some fool will immediately go off the deep end and make the
assumption; then, begin to publicize it; that hams are about to be screwed.

--
 Walt Smith - Raleigh, NC