From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:13:53 -0700
thanks for the input.  Accounting (my wife) tells me to cut the budget in half for a new radio so am looking at the ft1500 or the kenwood 262 but have not found specs on the latter yet.  I would love an all mode as I enjoyed a Tempo VHFONE with the ssb adapter which I had the use of for about 3 months.  Wonderful driving about town listening to the OSCAR downlinks on 2 meters.  Ah well when I get the teen agers out possibly I can resume some fun with the radios.

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN

http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720
341 W WASHINGTON
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7 = voice mail
fax  208-334-2963
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services

>>> Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]> 02/28/02 04:11PM >>>
Hi Brett.

The TS-711 is a nice rig, probably one of the nicer all mode rigs that
Kenwood made.  It uses the VS-1 chip, and that would be a drawback if you
don't have access to one.  I used one when I still had enough vision to
read the display with the unaided eye, and I was very impressed with the rig.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 11:17 AM 2/27/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone have experience with this one, pros cons etc.?  As I recall it =
>should be fairly accessible and a voice chip is available.
>

>Thank You!
>
>BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN

>http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM=20
>
>VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
>IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
>P O BOX 83720
>341 W WASHINGTON=20
>BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
>
>208-334-3220 ext 104 +7 =3D voice mail
>fax  208-334-2963
>Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services

Louis (Kim) Kline, A.R.S.  K2LKK
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work Tel.  (585) 697-5753