AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellen Perlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:39:52 -0600
Dear LIS Professionals/LIS Recruitment/Accessibility Advocates:

The 2002 ALA ASCLA Century Scholarship/ALA Scholarship Program Submission
Deadline - March 1st - is less than a month away!

Last week, a mailing about the independently-funded ALA ASCLA Century
Scholarship Diversity Initiative, part of the ALA Scholarship Program, was sent
to Deans and Directors of all ALA-accredited LIS programs.  I hope that our LIS
educators already have received their packets and have had the opportunity to
share the enclosed information about the ALA ASCLA Century Scholarship with
fellow faculty, students, potential students, and other colleagues.

Everyone: Please spread the word about the ASCLA Century Scholarship and assist
applicants to complete and submit the required forms and documentation - for
ALL ALA scholarships - in a timely manner.

Thank you for helping to find our 2002 ASCLA Century Scholarship applicants,
our 2002 Century Scholar[s] - our future LIS professionals and leaders.  Thank
you for helping to continue the Century tradition of excellence.

                  *****************************
           The ALA ASCLA Century Scholarship Diversity Initiative
             Celebrating a New Century that Celebrates Diversity
              http://www.ala.org/ascla/centuryscholarship.html
                 *********************************

A for Accessibility!

----------------

Ellen Perlow
Chair, ALA ASCLA Century Scholarship Committee
The ALA ASCLA Century Scholarship Diversity Initiative
"Celebrating a New Century that Celebrates Diversity"
http://www.ala.org/ascla/centuryscholarship.html
Next Submission Deadline: March 1, 2002
See Also: ALA HRDR Page: http://www.ala.org/hrdr/scholarship.html
Texas Century Scholarship: http://www.txla.org/html/awards/scholar/century.html
Have YOU recruited/applied to be a Century Scholarship applicant today?
Manager of Information Services
School of Library and Information Studies
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425438
Denton, TX 76204-5438
Tel.: 940-898-2622  Fax: 940-898-2611