Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 08:32:01 -0500
Elizabeth Miller wrote:
> Relative Acid (-) / Alkaline effects of 1 oz of food.
> Sorted by effect (most alkaline to most acid):

Well, my, my, isn't this interesting?  When I was
indoctrinated into the medical cult (aka nurses' training)
back in the late 60s, we were taught that the ONLY commonly
consumed alkaline ash food was cranberries.  This is
supposed to be why they always put paralyzed folk on
cranberry juice - changing the urinary ph was thought to
assist in avoiding kidney stones.  Just checked with my
hubby and he learned the same.  That is said to be why both
allopaths and herbalists now recommend cranberry juice or
extract.  Yet cranberries come in about halfway down the
list at a -7.0.  Can anyone clarify or comment?  Thanks.
--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee