Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:08:16 +0900
Elizabeth Miller wrote:

> According to Sally Falon in Nourishing Traditions Asians have adapted to
> starch eating more than the rest of us -- have larger pancreas
> (proportionately) that produce more amylase and more amylase production in
> mouth as well. I don't think Asians eat especially small portions especially
> of rice.

I have read these sorts of things too. In Japanese
Nationalist (facist) literature. They were spread about
during the war to promote the "we are different and
superior" mythos. I would LOVE to see some actual scientific
studies backing these claims up. I can't see why the asians
would have developed a special starch eating capacity, over
what any other agricultural people has. Agriculture here is
no older than in the west.

Japanese like to say "our ancestors were farmers, but your
ancestors were hunters." Well, half that is true.
Agriculture in Japan is about as old as in England.