From:
Pilgrim South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:04:32 -0600

Dear Friends,

Well, if you have tried the bread recipe you may have found that it
overflowed your pan and went into you bread machine! It happened to me
yesterday twice actually.  Once in the 1.5 lb new Welbilt and once in the
older West Bend 2 lb. I had successfully made delicious bread in both
machines without it overflowing so it was a mystery. Then, I remembered
that I had beat both of them with my electric mixer until very smooth (well
it looked good anyway) and then put them in the machines to rise and bake.
I wondered why both Bette and Carol said to only mix the dough for a few
minutes (like 2)!!??  Well, I told you that I am not a cook!  What a mess,
you should all have me clear up your machines if it happened to you! Well,
I would suggest only mixing the ingredients until mixed if you are going to
mix it before putting into your machine.  I do because then I don't have to
leave the paddles in the machine and don't have those bigger holes in the
bottom.  I just put it in the machine to rise and bake. Or overise and
bake! and fill your kitchen with smoke  :) And how silly I was yesterday
after the first machine began smoking and I had to remove the pan and put
it in the oven. I then began another batch put it in the other machine and
began cleaning my house. While I was in the living room a little while
later I thought, boy that burn smell is sure lingering in here I better
open the front door again.  Then I walked into the kitchen and saw the
smoke coming out of the new machine!!!  Well, just know that this bread
works, keep persevering!!  Cut down the yeast, don't mix too much or don't
let it rise as long.  Bette said in one of her books that each batch of
bread is different and she is right!

I hope you still count me as your friend even if I can't clean up your
machine!  By the way, I am not receiving the postings to the celiac list
for a while, I just have too much to catch up on at home. But, I will get
mail sent directly to our e-mail address [log in to unmask] Please do let me
know if you too made nummy bread!  Thanks Pilgrim South

Visit our families web site at: http://members.aol.com/SowersSeed