From:
Walt & Carolyn Reardon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:36:32 -0600

I have had celiac disease for 2 years biopsy proven and blood test backed
up. On Oct 1, 2001, they did another EGD and took multiple biopsies. They
all came back as normal villi. Then on Jan 10 I was admitted to the hospital
for dehydration and the GI decided to do another EGD. Told us the pictures
looked fine, but when I went back into the doctor on Monday, he said that
the biopsies showed slightly blunted villi. He asked me to keep a food diary
and come back next Monday. I have been keeping a food diary since I was
diagnosed and nothing has changed since forever. I am allergic to rice and
the gums so I have lost a lot of weight since August since I can't eat the
various gf breads. I eat plain meats with just a little Mrs Dash on them,
plain frozen Birds-eye or Great Value vegetables with a little Land-o-Lakes
butter on them. I do eat Lays potato chips and I know that there is a
contamination issue with them, but I was eating them prior to the Oct normal
biopsies. I can not tolerate fruit. I tried the Specific Carbohydrate Diet
this fall and had trouble eating the yogurt they have you make homemade for
24 hours and stuff made out of almond flour. Anyone out there that has had
this happen to them? I don't believe that I am getting any gluten except for
maybe the Lays potato chips(original) and as I said earlier I was eating
them before Oct. Any help would be appreciated as I am grasping at straws
now. Thanks Carolyn in Mississippi