Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:04:43 -0800

Past couple weeks I've been eating gluten stuff, have been off work on
disability 'cause at first I was so incredibly sick, have spent one night in
ER and generally has been confirming to me anyways that I want to be GF when
this is over with.  However...past 2 days I've felt great, am getting stuff
done around the house, and have even increased the bread products.  Tomorrow
I get the biopsy.  Is it possible to feel better after a few weeks of gluten
challenge?  And if so, is this going to make my tests not show anything?  I
can't believe after how incredibly sick I've been that NOW my stomach is
behaving.  Food I've been challenging with include french bread, wheat
noodles, and wheat and barely grain hot cereal.  I'm also considering
effects of stress, at work I was having a very hard time keeping up, mostly
because I was so dizzy and light headed from not being able to keep food
down, and the final straw was being written up for both taking too long to
do my work and missing too many days, combined with a note about how I was
over my allotted 7 minutes weekly bathroom time.  So stress relief I'm sure
is helping me feel better, but also at this point need a diagnoses if for
nothing else to qualify for some sort of job protection with the bathroom
thing.  Am also considering a job change but want this to be resolved before
I put my health insurance in jeopardy....job provides very good benefits and
disability programs in addition to a very good insurance policy I can't
afford to maintain on COBRA.