From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:26:27 -0800

Someone thought that wheat flour may be used in processing or packaging of dried fruit.  I called Mariani which Costco carries and most of the groceries in my area (the Great Northwest).  Here is the response I received in the mail along with free samples!

All of our products are gluten fee and the grain source for the starch we use is rice.  We do not use any flour to dust our belts or packaging.  The only pwdering starches used in some of our extruded products are tapioca starch from casava, nd cellulose.  End quote.

They sell a wide variet of dried fruit:  prunes, bitesize prunes, pitted prunes plus, california apricots, mediterranean apricots, ultimate apricots, apples, peaches, mixed fruit, harvest medley, tropical medley, sun dried tomatoes, cranberries, cherries, berries n cherries, banana chips, raisins, yogurt raisins, figs, pineappple and pineapple tango.

If you want more info [log in to unmask]

Diane
Kirkland WA USA