From:
Rebekah Baxter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:36:50 EST

To those who would be interested in being a pen pal I would love to write
back and forth to share this new world of Gluten sensitivity and work through
this together. The outside world has no idea about what we are facing in
everyday life. What they take for granted, we have to read the label and
search endlessly to come to some sort of educated guess. I have been newly
diagnosed with celiac disease and it is quite a challenging task to determine
as to what is and what is not "okay." The challenge that I foresee is the
task of becoming as normal as possible without feeling like a social outcast,
and educating those who are around us.

I write this on behalf of my beautiful wife whom I love more than life
itself, we are facing the challenges together, but I cannot begin to fathom
the inner workings of what it is like to feel lost and frustrated when things
start to go well and then they turn sour with a new channel as we surf
through the reruns of yesterdays season. I will pass on to her all that reply
so as you can benefit from each others feelings. I stay as moral support and
research all I can find to help make her life more of a normalcy than a
challenge. Her name is Rebekah, the day she became my wife was the greatest
day in my life and I look forward to giving her peace of mind and help in any
way that I can. Thank you all for your time.