From:
Jillian & Gary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:47:53 -0500

Hello! Well I had a few responses to my question and here is a summary. I am
personally going to check with our theater and see what the answer is, I'll
post it when I have time.

none are GF, take your own in a big pocketbook,, Orville Rickenbackers is GF

I am working on that exact question right now, but where I live we go to GKC
cinemas.  So far, I have gotten a response from the concession mgr. for all
GKC's that their buttery topping and oils are GF and they are checking with
their popcorn supplier to make sure the actual popcorn is GF.  But, she did
say they use Orville Redenbacher and I called ConAgra, and found out  their
popcorn is GF, so it seems as though if we go to a movie soon we will get
the popcorn, even if this person "is still working on it".

Please let us know if you find out anything else.  When I started this
search, I just went to the GKC website and stayed on top of it to get a
response.  It did take a long time, though, to get to the right person.

century movie theatre popcorn is.  After receiving below email I went and
ate enough popcorn that if it had gluten I'd have been in the ER. :)
My daughter used to work for a up=scale Manhattan movie theatre.  Most
oils are canola and cottonseed, not the best by any chance and many of
us react to canola.  On top of that, the rest of the ingredients [other
than the corn] are crap!  The workers wouldn't eat it themselves!  Bring
your own

Jillian