From:
Norm Rechenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:55:35 -0500

I recently posted a question concerning the length of time it takes to
repair the villi after a bout of "cheaing".

I received just under 30 replies and the general consensus of opinion is
that it takes anywhere from 2 weeks to to 2 years to repair the villi.

However, the most important comments that were made were "DON'T CHEAT",
and "DON'T DO IT". There has not been a study done on the length of time
the villi takes to repair itself after exposure to gluten but the risks of
permanent damage to the small intestine are greatly increased which may
reduce the immune system and may lead to intestial lymphoma.

And the most persuasive comment was that if you do "cheat" who are you
really cheating??