From:
Cindy Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:43:06 -0500

Dear Listmates,

There was a post a few days ago saying that Birds Eye frozen vegetables
are GF and not dusted with flour.  I received a similar email from Birds
Eye but also checked with two additional companies about this issue.

I called Green Giant (800-998-9996) on January 16th to ask about gluten
being used in the packaging or processing of their plain frozen
vegetables.  The rep said that if they use any gluten it will be on the
ingredient list even if it is only used in the packaging or processing
of the product.  She said you can completely depend on the ingredient
list.

Shaw's Supermarkets is a grocery store chain in the New England area of
the US.  They have their own brand of products and they sent me their
current gluten-free product list on January 22.  Next to their product
"Frozen Vegetables", they make the comment "Occasionally, dusting may
occur in the packaging of our frozen vegetables.  Therefore, we are
unable to state they are totally gluten-free.  (packaging is dusted)".

I received an email in response to a prior post from someone who had
gotten sick from plain frozen vegetables dusted with flour.  She was not
sure what the brand was but did remember that the flour was not on the
ingredient list.

To good health,
Cindy in MA