From:
Jeryl Cordell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:43:02 -0800

Lundberg rice farms just came out with a new rice drink called Drink Rice
(rather assertive.)  Anyway, those of you familiar with Lundberg farms
know them to be quite conservative and all of their products are non-GMO,
all-natural, free-range rice grains, etc., etc.  I bought some today and
it tastes good.  I called and they assured me it is gluten free.  I got
the original and it tastes a little sweet.  So if you get the vanilla look
out for a real sweet taste.  They have no plans for a fat-free variety
right now as they just launched this product line (it is 1% fat).   It
contains 30% of daily calcium.  Interestingly, Trader Joe's took their
Rice 'Um off line to reformulate it a few months back.  It's back and at
15% calcium.  I thought I remembered it being at 30% before.  I hope
"reformulating" it didn't just mean cutting the calcium in half for us.
Trader Joe's sells both products.  Lundberg's at $.99 and their Rice 'Um
at $1.39.   To get twice the calcium at 2/3's the price makes buying the
Lundberg seem like an obvious choice.

Jere in SoCal