From:
Caroline Booy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:34:21 -0500

Fall is approaching and  the Canadians on this list will celebrate
Thanksgiving Day on October 8th.  Pumpkin Pie and lots of turkey are on alot
of the menus.  I found a recipe for Pumpkin Tarts that is easily changed to
GF.  Make the shells ahead of time using your Birds Hill pastry press and
freeze.  I use homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk or if the store brand is
gluten free use it.
Pumkin Tarts:
1 can (300ml) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (or homemade GF recipe to
follow)
1 1/4 cup canned gf pumpkin
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp each, cinnamon and nutmeg
24 (3 inch) unbaked tart shells.
Wisk together the condensed milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, egg, cinnamon and
nutmeg.  Pour evenly into tart shells.  Bake in preheated 375 oven for 18
minutes or until centre is just set and pastry is golden.  Cool and garnish
as desired.  Makes 24.
Condensed Milk Recipe:
In a blender put the following:
1 cup powdered milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup boiling water
3 tbsp. melted butter
Blend until smooth.  Makes about 1 can's worth.
For the pastry use Bette Hagman's Dream Pastry and press your shells quickly
and easily with your Birds Hill Enterprises pastry press or roll and cut out
following recipe directions. Visit our web page at:
www.birdshillenterprises.com for more gluten free recipe ideas.