Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:50:01 -0600

Wow - thank you so much for all of the support and information.  One
thing that has been brought out...or asked of me repeatedly is history
before 'this' particular event.

And yes I do have the same sort of history as many of those that have
responded have.

I will be 48 next week and have 2 daughters 21 (now diagnosed) and 24
(going in for testing soon).

For years I have been going through continuous testing for everything
you can think of.  There was never a diagnosis most of the time.
Irritable Bowel was what one doctor said, then I was sent in for a
series of psychological tests. (nope I was not unstable, depressed or
nuts.)

My gyn. the came up with FMS. My neurologist was treating me for that.
I had an upper GI before and they said that my stomach had seemed a
little inflamed but that would probably go away. (MRI's, EKGs, EEGs, you
name it...)  BTW all of this is not being written here in the order it
happened. (Seems to me sometimes I could probably write a book about how
I got to this point. As I'm sure now that most of you probably could
too.)

They had me on a variety of drugs that I got myself all off of and
refused to take anymore of.  So now I am currently not on any
medication.  Except my gastrologist gave me something for the burning in
my stomach (heartburn) just this list visit that I explained with my
earlier post.

I had pretty much just given up and decided I'd just have to be sore,
nauseated, tired and all whatever else was going on because I'd pretty
much had it with all the tests and doctors.

I came down with a bacterial infection (I thought it was just a cold at
first but it wouldn't go away) about 3 months ago...that is why I had
gone to my family doctor...it was a different doctor because my 'usual'
family doctor retired.  He is the one that decided to pursue the anemia
by sending me to a gastrologist....so on and so forth. (because colon
cancer runs in my family)

I, like the most of you I have heard from, have been dealing with this,
unknowingly, for years and years.  They were looking for cancer this
time and found CD.  Truly a relief that it isn't cancer - but certainly
created another whole mixed bag.

So that is kind of where I'm coming from.  Sounds familiar to a lot of
you eh? :)

Thanks so much - some of your replies have made tears come for many
different reasons.  I have also seen, on this list, that my problems
could be worse.  I appreciate you all...very much.  Thank you for all of
the responses of support and suggestions.

Robin