From:
Kathy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:56:00 -0400

I just received the following email reply from Brusters, Inc. affirming that
most of their ice cream flavors are gluten free.  Bruster's is an ice cream
shop in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Ohio, and a few other states in the east.
They make their own ice cream and yogurt right in the store, and it is very
good.

Kathy
Pittsburgh, PA

********************************

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Kathy Ragozzino" <[log in to unmask]>

Thanks for your interest in Bruster's Ice Cream.  Our ice cream does not
have gluten in it, except for flavors like Oreo, Cookie Dough, etc., which
would be obvious to you.  Our citric acid is domestic, so it shouldn't be a
problem.  The mono & diglycerides in our products are from vegetable
products, so it is not a problem either.

In reviewing our flavorings, it appears that the only thing that would be a
problem would be the malt, as you said.  The following ice creams have malt
flavoring in them:  Caramel Crackle, Chocolate Lover's Trash (has malted
milk balls in it), Dusty Road, Galaxy & White Galaxy.  I am also attaching
the nutritional info. for our ice cream & yogurt for your information.

I hope this is helpful.

Kathy
Corporate Office