From:
Barbara Dursum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 16:48:36 EST

This second summary will consist primarily of negative reactions to above.
All are associated with esophagal, heartburn and relux problems.  According
to one respondent, Fosamax is inherently corrosive to the sphincter between
the esophagus and the stomach which is why you cannot lie down after
ingestion.  Several respondents tried both, but could not tolerate either.
Related stories of esophagus spasms, severe weight loss, nausea and diarrhea.
Another person developed an esophagul ulcer; had to take Prilosec for 2 years
which was very expensive.  Another complaint was headaches.
One of the perplexities several people referred to was that since the calcium
intake had been increased greatly through other supplements also, it might be
difficult to tell what the improvement in bone density should be attributed
to.
At this point, I am leaning toward increasing calcium supplementation greatly
and becoming much more religious with my exercise routine.  I will check with
the Dr. to see how negative the results were before I pursue that course of
action however.  I really don't like some of the negative results some people
experienced although I realize we are all different.
If anyone has questions or wants more info on comments made in the summary,
let me know.  I will keep all responses for awhile.  Again, thanks so much.
Barb