From:
ronald owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ronald owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:42:53 -0500

    Just a couple remarks to my DH survey summary:  I was impressed with the
latter remarks regarding possible triggers to DH (not that it does much good
to US now).  I agree with the last person, and think that stress may be an
important role.  Certainly childbirth, graduation, new jobs, southeast Asia
in the 60's all speak of stress.  And of course, even if we don't feel
stressful, others seem to know it.  However, I sense I am surrounded by
individuals on this list serve, who are not only bright, articulate people,
but probably much stronger in many ways than others might be.  I believe
there are other triggers we don't know of that may coincide with stress, and
together form some kind of short circuit of the immune system.  Maybe
someday we'll know.  One other thing:  Look at all the inept dermatologists
that are out there, according to our reports (mine is in there too).  I've
sent off a letter to the American Society of Dermatology, summarizing how WE
are educating our dermatologists who should know better! (I'm sure nothing
will come of it.) I asked them to please be more vigilant for this disease.
Lastly, isn't it a really good feeling knowing we're not in this alone?
Thanks to those who provided all the answers.  --Ron