From:
Donnajean Plante <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:50:18 EST

thank you to all who responded....here is a summary of what i learned....

We stayed there in 1999; at the time, the v.p. of food service was Steve
Schaefer; his assistant was Mike Fowler. Following are phone numbers as of
that time:

Steve: 242-363-3402 x66564  Fax: 242-363-2964
Mike:  same #, ext. 66563

Overall, our experience was great. They even made a flourless chocolate cake
for us; I had faxed the recipe.

We took the meal plan and researched the menus prior with Steve.

Next time, I probably would not take the meal plan; just be free to eat
wherever. At the time, the resort was fairly new and the meal plan didn't go
as smoothly as we had hoped. You could review it daily on your TV screen and
I had found a number of errors. Hopefully, since it has been three years, you
will have a smoother experience.

Much of the breakfasts are buffets, you're right. Regarding the ice cream,
there is a place called Jimmy's and I was told then that their stuff was
gluten-free. My info tells me that the ice cream carried at that time was Ben
& Jerry's at an outdoor stand called "Shark Bites."

HI We were there last Feb.  It is wonderful.  I am the celiac in our
family.  I did not get the meal plan, but we did eat there several
times.  I usually just try to be very SIMPLE in my approach to eating
out.  Plain steak or fish & a baked potato, salad with lemon becomes my
staple.  (I don't know that this is much of a menu for a child though.)

I do carry a GF card (that I have made up) & they were very accommodating at
every restaurant .  I also contact the hotel manager wherever we stay & ask
them to alert all of their chefs of my presence & special needs for the week.
 We have also eaten at the Marriott ( nearby on Cable Beach, ... & have
stayed there).  They were excellent at accommodating me, as well