From:
Abdul Samad Abdul Razzak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:22:04 +0600
Hello Ian,

I don't know the correct terms to use here so I hope you can understand what
I mean. Also, I may be way off track here. I think there are three
possibilities:

1. You said you tried to use DOS to access your drives for ghosting
purposes. What exactly do you mean by using "DOS"? Are you dual booting win
98se and dos (i.e you have dos installed on your hdd) or did you boot using
a floppy ? If you are dual booting then therein lies your problem since dos
can't access fat 32 partitions.

2. If your booting from a floppy or cd then make sure it is a win 98 or win
ME boot disk since only these two can handle fat 32 partitions.

3. Are you using some kind of boot manager? If you are then it might be
hiding some of your partitions. This would mean that they would show up as
non-dos partitions in fdisk and would be inaccesible in dos.

My guess would be that you booted from a win 98 or win ME boot disk when you
fdisk-ed the drives, and for some reason  your booting from a win 95 or
earlier windows version bootdisk now. Make a fresh boot disk in windows,
boot using that disk and see if you can access all your drives.

Hope I have helped
Samad
Sri Lanka