From:
Karen Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:14:39 -0800
Hello. I have an external Burner Bundle 3.1 which includes Adaptec EasyCD
Creator 4.02D which I bought from DELL.  Everything used to work fine on
it as long as I had formatted cd's.

When I try to format, it tries to do so, but the burner now actually sits
and hums like a CD is going round and round and requires me to boot each
time to stop it.

I can not format a CD myself.  I have had lots of suggestions both from
DELL and  Pacific Digital to no avail.  I tried different CDs.  I even
downloaded an update from Roxio's site.

Now, when I try to format, it acts like it is doing so, but never
finishes.  The CD sounds as if it is going round and round.  I need to
reboot to get out of it.

I tried to get DELL to honor their warrenty, but as it turned out I was 1
day over warrenty and no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Karen